Thank you for using the online application process; you will automatically receive email messages as your application moves through each process step.
If you would prefer to apply offline; download the Associate Membership Application and email the application and all supporting documents to the Membership Committee.
If you have not already done so, please take a moment to read the information regarding membership requirements and documentation before you proceed. After applying for membership online you must still mail the requirement documentation to USARA before your membership application can be processed and approved.
USARA accepts application for Associate Membership from individuals, military and civilian, who do not meet the qualifications for Regular membership but who having served for a minimum of one year with SOF and:
Are, or have been, directly assigned by Department of the Army orders to the Ranger Training Brigade (or predecessor) or the 75th Ranger Regiment in a administrative, training or training support role. Documentary proof of this assignment is required.
- Are serving, or have served, proficiently as a member (assigned or attached) to a U.S. or Allied Special Operations Forces (SOF) unit. Documentary proof of this SOF assignment is required.
- Are graduates of the Reconnaissance and Surveillance Leaders Course (RSLC) and have been directly assigned by Department of the Army orders to a modern U.S. Army TO&E Long Range Surveillance Company (LRSC). Documentary proof of graduation from RSLC and assignment to an LRSC is required.
- Have undoubtedly supported the Ranger tradition and/or this association through act or deed over an extended period of time. Documentary proof of long-term support and justification for membership must be submitted by a USARA member.
Associate Member Application Classes
- Associate (Annual): Applicants who fully meet the requirements for Associate membership and who have paid the appropriate annual dues. Application can be made for one, two and three years.
- Associate (Life): Applicants or Members who fully meet the requirements for Associate membership and who pay the appropriate dues for a Life membership.
- Special Rates: We offer a reduced Life Membership dues rate ($200) for applicants over 65 years of age. In addition, we offer a free Life Membership for applicants who have been found 100% disabled from a service-related injury by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or from one of the U.S. Military Services of this nation. Entering the codes shown below to receive the discounts:
If you are over 65 enter SENIOR in the discount field when filling out the application;
if you have a verifiable 100% service-connected disability rating from one of the military services or from VA enter FREE in the discount code.
Required Documentation for Membership Approval
All applicants for membership must complete a written or online application to this Association to join. Only upon receiving the appropriate dues and proof of eligibility will membership will be granted. The following specifies application requirements for the Associate Membership category:
Applicants applying for membership in the Associate category under ARTICLE III, Section 1, B. 1; Section 1, B. 2; and Section 1, B. 3 (specific unit affiliation) must provide the following:
- Documents as cited at preceding Section 2.A.1.a.
- A copy of official military service orders showing assignment to one of the units specified in ARTICLE III, Section 1, B. 1; Section 1, B. 2; and Section 1, B. 3
Applicants applying for membership in the Associate category under ARTICLE III, Section 1, B. 4 (supported the Ranger tradition and/or this association) must provide the following:
- A letter from the applicant outlining support of the Ranger tradition and/or this association proving justification for membership.
- Letter(s) from organizations or individuals that show proof support of the Ranger tradition and/or this association.
Payment must be made and documentation must be submitted and reviewed before membership is approved. Send payment checks and documentation to:
US Army Ranger Association
P.O. Box 52126
Fort Moore, GA 31995-2126
If you have any questions contact our Membership Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.